Stocks - The Nuts and Bolts
One of the key areas in personal finances that is never taught in school is the stock market. Sadly, people know this and take advantage of people's general lack of knowledge. Epee set up this course specifically to help you educate yourself to avoid those situations. Kevin Cuthill from Edward-Jones will help us remedy this. He shares his experience in helping everybody understand the basic terminology, the different types of stocks, the advantages and disadvantages with each, and how to generally assess if a stock or mutual fund is worth considering. He also discusses a bit about risk tolerance, different types of investing strategies, and how to avoid falling into typical traps of buying and selling at the wrong time.
- Learn about the different types of stocks.
- Understand the pluses and minuses with owning different types of stocks.
- Discuss the addage “Buy Low and Sell High”, what that really means, and how to utilize it.
- Learn about the value of dividends and how tacit reinvestment helps with “Buy Low”.
- Learn how to evaluate if a stock is a good buy, if it fits your goals, and how to tell if a broker is potentially trying to push you into a questionable decision.
- Teaches basic information to help investors evaluate if stocks fit into their overall strategy.
- Discusses common versus preferred stock, dividends, investment strategy and different ways to own stock
More suggestions for you
Check out the courses or get a Full-Access MembershipSee More Courses
Applicable to any...