Feedback is a Gift- How to Gracefully Give and Receive Constructive Feedback
As a professional, Dr. Eleanor Small from Johnson & Johnson gives and receives feedback to/from peers, colleagues, managers, and even executives every day. As a mentor, she likes to share her stories and experiences to help others better navigate a topic that can be particularly tricky.
Giving constructive feedback is critically important, but no matter how well-intentioned, it can also be very difficult when there is a risk of upsetting the recipient. She will provide tips from her own experience for finding the right approach. Similarly, we've all been on the receiving end of feedback that we didn't like to hear, and it can be hard not to take it personally. Dr. Small will recount some of her experiences in this regard and explain how she got through them.
- Learn how to approach peers, managers, mentors, and subordinates to request genuine and honest feedback
- Learn how to share positive and constructive feedback with peers in both verbal and written from that is focused on genuine growth for that person.
- Understand receiving feedback openly, separating emotion from facts
- Learn to discern when to take actions on feedback and when simply to hear and understand it.
- Professional Feedback – Giving vs Receiving, Reviews, Personal Assessment vs Peer Assessment
More Courses From This Presenter
Business, Engineering, Metrics and...
More suggestions for you
Check out the courses or get a Full-Access MembershipSee More Courses
Applicable to any...