Personal Finances - The Basics for Young Adults
Personal finances are key to the success of literally every person on the planet. So why do high schools and Universities never teach it? Omitting this basic instruction puts every young adult at a disadvantage early in their lives. Worse, it enables unethical financial planners to scam them. Epee Education wants to stop this societal issue. In fact, we feel it is so important that we offer this session as a free PSA to everybody who visits the site!
We asked Kevin Cuthill from Edward-Jones to share his years of experience on the basic of personal finance. He discusses some basic rules for investing, develop a strategy, types of investments, how to choose quality investments, the value in a diverse portfolio, and investing for the long term so you can focus on what you can control.
- Understand different types of investment options and why you might consider them.
- Learn about the time-weighted value of money, why it’s important to start early, and how to invest for the long-term.
- Learn what it means to have a “diverse portfolio” of investments.
- Understand the value of a diverse portfolio of stocks, mutual funds, bonds, etc.
- Learn the concept of risk tolerance and where you fall on the spectrum.
- Rules for investing – develop a strategy, types of investments, choosing quality investments, diversify portfolio, invest for the long term and focus on what you can control.
More suggestions for you
Check out the courses or get a Full-Access MembershipSee More Courses
Applicable to any...